Author: sirrichie_2i8r8t
The Ashanti Regional Minister, Dr. Frank Amoakohene, has kicked against the establishment of a lorry terminal at the Blue Light Arena in Adum after the destruction caused by fire a week ago. It will be recalled that the Kumasi Traditional Council ordered the demolition of the walls raised for the lorry terminal. However, a visit to the market showed that the terminal was near completion, despite the order from the traditional council. “We realised a new station coming up under the footbridge, it shouldn’t happen. I engaged the person who has taken over the space, and I have told him to…
Deputy Director of Operations at the Presidency, Mustapha Gbande, is demanding the immediate arrest of three high-profile figures over the disappearance of more than 1,300 Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) containers at Tema Port. Mr. Gbande named Alexander Afenyo-Markin, former Board Chairman of ECG; Matthew Opoku Prempeh (NAPO), former Energy Minister; and Samuel Dubik Mahama, former ECG CEO; as individuals who must be held accountable for the scandal. The missing containers, which reportedly contained critical electrical equipment for national power distribution, vanished under suspicious circumstances, raising concerns about procurement irregularities and mismanagement. According to reports, these containers were imported to…
The Interior Ministry has denied issuing directives or protocols allowing any groups or individuals to bypass security checks. This follows misinformation circulating on social media, claiming certain individuals, including pastors, had been granted special privileges to circumvent security procedures. A statement issued by the Public Affairs and Communications Unit of the Ministry said, “These claims are baseless, entirely false and should be disregarded immediately.” The Ministry emphasized its commitment to maintaining nationwide peace and security, ensuring equal protection for all citizens without discrimination. It also warned against the misuse of its name for criminal activities or spreading false information, which…
Education Minister Haruna Iddrisu has urged schools across Ghana to respect students’ rights to practice their religious beliefs without restrictions. Speaking at the 2025 Eid ul-Fitr prayers with the Ambariyya Muslim sect in Tamale on March 31, he reaffirmed that every Ghanaian child is entitled to the full benefits of the rights and freedoms enshrined in the 1992 Constitution. His remarks come in response to concerns raised by the Ghana Muslim Students Association, which criticised Saint Roses Senior High School in Akwatia for denying Muslim students permission to observe Eid-ul-Fitr, despite a directive from the Ghana Education Service. “No school…
The Member of Parliament for Binduri, Issifu Mahmoud, has defended the GHC150,000 budgetary allocation, describing the amount as “woefully inadequate” to meet the diverse needs within their constituencies. On Saturday, March 29, Parliament approved an amount of GHC250,000 each for Members of Parliament through the Ghana Education Trust Fund (GETFund) distribution formula. This allocation is intended to fund education-related projects in the constituencies of MPs. An additional GHC150,000 has been allocated to each Member of Parliament to monitor these projects. This decision has sparked criticism from various quarters, questioning the necessity and adequacy of the funds. In an interview, the…
In a powerful statement at the 2025 Eid-ul-Fitr celebration held at the Black Star Square, President John Dramani Mahama issued a stern warning against building in waterways and other protected areas. He vowed to take strong measures to address the annual flooding crisis affecting Ghana’s communities. President Mahama expressed deep concern over the growing trend of land encroachment, which has exacerbated flooding and caused significant property damage. “We cannot ignore the dangerous trend of building in waterways and protected lands. This has led to flooding and the destruction of countless properties,” Mahama stated firmly. With the rainy season already beginning…
A Ghanaian recruitment agent, Nana Akwasi Agyemang-Prempeh, has been exposed for allegedly scamming multiple people by selling fake Certificates of Sponsorship (CoS) for non-existent jobs in the UK.A BBC undercover investigation revealed that he had charged individuals thousands of pounds for care worker positions that turned out to be fraudulent.Several people who had paid Agyemang-Prempeh for job placements told the BBC they lost tens of thousands of pounds after discovering that the CoS documents they received were mere replicas of real certificates issued by legitimate care companies.Following the clampdown on fraudulent practices in the UK’s care sector, Agyemang-Prempeh reportedly shifted…
One of Jeffrey Epstein’s sex-trafficking victims who claimed Prince Andrew sexually abused her has reportedly been given ‘four days to live’ by doctors following a car accident. Virginia Giuffre, formerly Virginia Roberts, 41, has claimed she has days to live after going into “kidney renal failure” following a serious road traffic accident in Australia. The image, which surfaced on instagram late on Sunday, showed Ms Giuffre in a hospital bed in Australia, with extensive bruising to her face and the left hand side of her body. The accompanying caption revealed details of the accident, with Ms Giuffre writing: “When a…
The Home Secretary has pledged to end “jobs on tap” for illegal migrants by clamping down on border law loopholes, as Britain prepares to host the first international summit on tackling people smugglers. Yvette Cooper said she would “restore order to the asylum system” with a new initiative to tackle companies that hire on the black market. The Home Secretary said that employers who take on workers without the right visa could face unlimited fines and five years in prison. “We are restoring order to the asylum system,” Ms Cooper told the Telegraph. “This means introducing tough laws and stopping…
A French court has found France’s far-right leader Marine Le Pen guilty of misappropriating EU funds. Ms Le Pen and 24 other officials from her National Rally are accused of having used money intended for European Union parliamentary aides to pay staff who worked for the party between 2004 and 2016, in violation of the 27-nation bloc’s regulations. Ms Le Pen and her co-defendants deny wrongdoing. The biggest concern for Ms Le Pen is that the court may declare her ineligible to run for office “with immediate effect” – even if she appeals. That could prevent her from running for…